Location: Leicester City Centre
Main Purpose of Job
As a Conveyancer your primary role is to run a caseload under supervision. All of your work will be signed off by a supervisor. You will provide support to the Conveyancing Senior in conducting client work on their behalf and managing your own caseload.
Main Responsibilities (this list is non-exhaustive)
Main Tasks: List of areas of responsibilities
• Liaising with clients to ensure full understanding of the purchase and sale contract.
• Preparing documentation for the conveyancing of property.
• Liaising with fellow professionals from legal practices, banks and accountancy firms.
• Filing and indexing paperwork;
• Managing your own caseload with little supervision;
• Meeting and interviewing clients to establish the firm’s suitability to provide the necessary advice and services, based on the firm’s specialism;
• Advising a client on the law and legal issues relating to their case;
• Drafting documents, letters and contracts as required;
• Researching and analysing documents and case law to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure;
• Checking all documentation prior to signing and implementing;
• Time recording and billing;
• Carrying out all necessary AML requirements;
• Ensuring you comply with the CML and Panel requirements;
• Ensuring all files meet compliance requirements;
• Keeping up to date with compliance procedures and policies;
• Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law by reading journals and law reports;
• To check any problems with senior staff;
• Freehold Sales, Freehold Purchases, Leasehold Sales, Leasehold Purchases, Help to Buy and HTB ISA’s;
Wide reaching responsibilities
• To act in the best interest of the firm at all times;
• To adhere to the group policies at all times;
• To act in accordance with reasonable instructions given by senior managers at all times;
• To act in a manner that promotes and protects the firm’s reputation;
• To maintain high standards of client care at all times;
• To enforce the firm policies;
• To promote the core values of the firm;
• To cultivate the culture of the firm.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
3-4 years’ experience required
• To be able to work autonomously;
• To take responsibility for your files;
• To become an integral part of the team;
• A strong desire to learn;
• Enthusiastic and ambitious;
• The ability to complete assigned tasks effectively and promptly;
• Social and positive attitude and personality;
• Adaptable and accommodating;
• A professional approach;
• A smart and tidy appearance;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• IT competent, particularly with reference to the use of Word and Excel.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com.